CCleaner stalls in popups

When in 'Health check' you don't want to proceed the program stalls in the popup 'Close programs'. The circled "i" does not respond. No response whatsoever, whatever you try.

Same when you do proceed and you want to add some websites where the cookies should remain for. Also here a  popup without responding. You can check some boxes, but that's all you can do.

Windows task management shows 'not responding' for to CCleaner lines, and won't allow you to stop/abort the program. everything else keeps working, though. You need to restart the computer to get rid of stalled CCleaner. 

I'm on W10, CCleaner newest version (april 7th, 2024) , Avast up-to-date, and OSSU privacy protection script.

• Moderators

The circled 'I' is not meant to respond, it is not a link. It's just saying that the popup text is 'information'.
If you don't want to close the running programme(s) then simply untick them and click 'Continue without closing'.
See below about screen resolution/magnification if you aren't seeing that button.
image.png

The Allow Cookies dialogue should look like this, if you can't see the buttons at the bottom then that is because of your screen resolution/magnification.
Set them back to 100% and the buttons will be there.
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043