CCleaner will not resolve a Security spplication.

Running CCleaner on my laptop, the Health Check keeps telling me that I have a security app, Microsoft Office 2016 that needs to be updated.  After 2 days of trying to let CCleaner try and resolve the security app.  I finally gave up and told it to skip it.  

All the Health check portion of CCleaner would do it set there show me a resolving screen but nothing was actually going on.

Not real crazy about the latest update to CCleaner anyhow.  And this is one feature I do not need or want.

• Moderators

How long are you giving it? Apparently that Office update is quite a big one and does take time.

However - there is a know 'resolving' bug affecting some users but not all. A fix is being worked on and it should hopefully be fixed later this week.

In the meantime you can try one or both of the following:

Instead of Health Check you could use Tools>Software Updater and see if that will do it for you.
image.png

Or open Office 2016 itself and update it there. (File > Account > Product Information > Update Options > Update Now).

Once it's been updated then Health Check will stop trying to update it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043