Clean up "select" page is confusing and lacks an ok button

After running the cleanup app, the page presents the Cookies, Browsing History, and Temporary Internet Files to allow you to select all or just some of the items to be deleted. Opening the Cookies portion presents you with a button that say something like "Click to select allow to keep" (I don't remember the exact wording). Clicking on that presents popular cookie groups you may want to not delete. The instructions are very confusing and one is not sure whether to click or not any of the items. So, I proceed to click the sites I don't want to delete working all the way to the bottom of the list … and there is no way to exit or save the popup! I tried tabbing through the list but it just cycles back to the top. Pressing the spacebar at some point exits the list, but by selections are not saved. Shouldn't there be a "Save" or "Continue" button on this page? I went ahead and clicked on Continue or whatever the button said and it deletes all my cookies. Very frustrating and poor user testing. 

• Moderators

I think that you are meaning this screen in Health Check:
image.png

After you have ticked the ones that you want to keep click 'Add to allowlist'.
The screen will change to show the ones you are now keeping, (with a bin icon next to each one in case you later want to remove it).
Then simply click 'Go back' to go back to the cleaning.

However - if you can't see the two buttons for 'Cancel' and 'Add to allowlist' then that is because they are off the bottom of that pop-up window.
That happens if your screen resolution and/or magnification settings in Windows are greater than 100%.
It's happening because that white pop-up window is a fixed size, and so if/when you magnify the content it grows outside of that window and currrently cant be brought back into it. Of course that isn't ideal and the developers are looking at it.
If that is happening fot you then in the meantime putting your screen resolution/magnification back to 100% in the Windows settings will bring those two buttons back into view.

Alternatively - There is also another way to set which cookies to keep (ie. add then to the Cookie Allowlist), it's a more advanced method which allows you to specify individual cookies to keep rather than just whole websites.
It also lets you add ones that aren't on that "frequently chosen" list.
That method can be found on this Option, and you can find instructions on how to use it at this link.
https://support.ccleaner.com/s/article/select-cookies-to-clean-with-ccleaner-for-windows?language=en_US
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043