RECUVA ONLY RECOVER WORD AND EXCEL DOCUMENTS

i OPENED FREE RECUVA AND TRIED TO FIND A QUARKXPRESS DOCUMENT THAT I DELETED SOME TIME AGO AND WHEN I CHOSE TO SCAN FOR DOCUMENTS IT SAID BELOW

"SHOW ONLY FILES OF COMMON OFFICE FORMATS LIKE EXCEL OR WORD" THAT'S WAY TOO RESTRICTIVE YOU CAN NOT CHOOSE WHAT TYPE OF FILE TO RECOVER SUCH AS PDF, QUARXPRESS, ETC .. THE SCAN DID NOT SHOW ANYTHING  BUT WHEN I USED OTHER FREE DATA RECOVERY I COULD CHOOSE THE TYPE OF FILE I WANTED TO RECOVER AND THEY SHOWED AFTER THE SCAN. I WONDER WHY RECUVA IS ON TOP OF THE BEST FREE DATA RECOVERY SOFTWARE WHEN IN FACT ONLY SCANS FOR WORD AND EXCEL FILES. SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG WITH THIS SIMPLISTIC SOFTWARE. IF I CHOOSE "ALL FILES" I WILL GET HUNDREDS OF DELETED FILES FROM 1 YEAR AGO AND THAT'S TIME-CONSUMING AND A VERY LONG SCAN.

PIC.jpg

• Moderators

You are only seeing simple choices because you are using the simple option.

That's the Wizard, which it the 'easy use' option so only shows you the most common filetypes.

If you cancel the Wizard and use Advanced Mode then the search box will list more document formats under 'Documents', or you can reject those and enter your own filetype to search for.

eg. to scan for only Quarkexpress '.qxp' files:

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043