Purchased CCleaner under wrong email that I do not have access to

Seven days ago I started a trial on my CCleaner client thinking that it would ask me to confirm my account details before going through with payment, but instead it just saved my card on file and asked me to go online to manage my payment preferences. I did that and that's when I realized that I entered the wrong email. I did my due diligence and contacted the company by email, and have not received any email back in more than a business week. I can provide my license key, the card number associated with my account, and the email that I put on accident, but other than that, I have no more information that I can provide.

To be clear:
I have not been charged yet, but the trial ends relatively soon.
I do not have access to the email I provided.
I have not received any form of communication back from the support team other than an automated email telling me I should look at the Help Center.

• Moderators

It happens, people do make mistakes when typing their own email, or give the wrong address.
Support will be able to correct things for you.

Did you use the correct address for emailing CCleaner support? ie. support@ccleaner.com
If you did send it there then see the note below for why you may not have had a reply yet.
If you have already sent it to the right place then wait for a reply and don't send another request, if you that do it will get automatically aggregrated with the old one and both put to the bottom of the queue as one new request.

If you didn't send it to that support address then send another request to the right place.
Rather than emailing I suggest that you use the form here: https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

Using that form means that you will be issued with a support ticket number (make a note of it) and will be sent an automatic reply, a real person will email you later when your request has got to the top of the queue.

NOTE that the fact that the email you have sent your support request from is different to the address that you registered means that 'new' address is not tied/registered to any account.
That means that it will automatically be queued with other non-registered customer requests so will take longer to get a reply than a registered email would.
Obviously requests from registered emails take priority, they are customers who have paid for support after all.
For a reply to a non-registered email address a week or more would not be unusual currently.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Did you use the correct address for emailing CCleaner support? Yes, I sent it to support@ccleaner.com (through the form) and got an automated message back from them. (I did not note down the ticket number that was shown on the contact form, but it was not included in the automated email I received shortly, so I do not know it.)

For a reply to a non-registered email address a week or more would not be unusual currently. I guess that it is my only option. I have been waiting for more than a business week by now so I should be contacted soon.

• Moderators

That's good then, apart from not noting the ticket number.
(I have no idea why they can't put it on the automatic acknowledgement email too, that would seem an obvious thing to do so it may be a programming limitation in the system).

Unfortunately that's the way that the request queueing system works, it will give priority to requests originating from a registered email address.
So if they are busy with a lot of those then the non-registered ones don't get answered for a while, how long depends on how busy they are at any time.

When are they due to take a payment from your card?

Don't put any email address or other personal details in plain sight here,
but in the circumstances if you can Direct Message both the wrong and correct ones to me and give other details of when you registered the wrong address, the date and approximate time etc. I'll ask a staff member if they can track down your ticket and expedite it.
(Hover over my username on the left and there should be a 'Message' link at the bottom of the pop-up).

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I have now passed on those deatils and asked the staff to take a look for you and expedite your ticket.

I am slightly puzled though, are both those email addresses valid and you just want to change which one is associated with the account?