I ran CCleaner and then it deleted 2 years of photos from an extern

I ran CCleaner with analyse first then run cleaner and it deleted 2 years of photos from an external drive. The CCleaner had only been selected checklisted for microsfot edge, firefox and windows temporary files. the external drive has NEVER been selected as part of the clean up process

It then went into an external drive and deleted 2 years of photos before I happened to look over and see it was DELETING FROM MY EXTERNAL DRIVE. Why on earth?

Recuva has been no help. I have uninstalled CCleaner before it starts deleting more things and will never risk using this ever again.

• Moderators

CCleaner will not touch an external drive.
(Unless you explicitly tell it to do that by setting up an 'Include' specifying the drives pathname, and then also tick 'Custom files and folders' to be cleaned).
It will not delete any photo files from any drive. (Unless you specifically tell it to do so with an Include).

Can you tell us exactly what you did, and exactly what you saw that made you think that CCleaner was deleting photos from an external drive.

I happened to look over and see it was DELETING FROM MY EXTERNAL DRIVE.

How did you 'see' that? In other words what exactly did you see?

You say that you had checklisted items to clean so that suggests that you were using Custom Clean.
(PS. There is nothing there to tick for external drives).
But did you also do anything else?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043