Browsing History

Greetings

I am asking this in this forum because I am now using CCleaner on an android device. When I used CCleaner on a PC I could go into my C drive and visually see if it cleaned my cache. On an android device is it possible to do the same thing? I want to confirm that it's doing what I bought it for. Also, does anyone know if it's possible for someone who has access to my device, to see if I watched, but not downloaded a video or viewed an image.

Thanks for the help.

• Moderators

The simplest way to check would be to clean and then look if the history is still in the browser or not.

Remember that if it is synced then anything that CCleaner clears from the device will be put straight back from the cloud by the syncing, that's what syncing does.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I understand about the syncing, I have that turned off. It's just that CCleaner is NOT wiping my browser history. I can still see the history even after I use the cleaner. Every web page that I visited is still there. I am using Firefox and I have to manually tell it to delete my history after I am done using the internet. I have purchased the Pro version of CCleaner and also submitted a support ticket through the app, and have not heard from anyone about this issue and it's been at least three weeks. Also, I was curious about if it is possible to view my internet cache on my Android device like I did on my PC.

• Moderators

Sorry I don't know of any way of viewing a cache on Android.

I have Firefox on my phone set to clear history on quit, but as I rarely quit Firefox then I just clear the history from the 3-dots menu in Firefox.
You can also go to settings there and 'Delete browsing data' if you prefer.

Alternatively in the 3-dots menu go to Settings>Private Browsing, set 'Open links in a private tab' then 'Add private browsing shortcut' to your homepage.
Use that shortcut icon to then only ever open Firefox in private mode which will clear search and browsing history from tabs when you close them (or when you quit) so that no-one else using the device can see what you did.

Personally I don't have CCleaner Android I tried it didn't like it, uninstalled it. I'll stick with it just for PC.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043