Destroys the ability to use Desktop Spotlight in Windows 11

If you use custom cleaner, and select all options to clean, it destroys the ability to use Desktop Spotlight in Windows 11...

How to I get support? I enjoy Lockcreen Spotlight and Desktop Spotlight. There was no warning that a cleaner cache would destroy the spotlight.

Hi DuguaySarah94:

What is your Windows 11 OS version and build [open a Run dialog box (Windows key + R) and enter winver] and what is the name and version number of your CCleaner product (e.g., CCleaner Professional v6.19.10858, CCleaner Free Portable v6.20.10897, etc.)?  Are you a new CCleaner user or is this a problem that just started after you recently updated CCleaner?

When you say that you selected "all options to clean" does that mean that you've selected every single option for cleaning in Custom Clean, including options on the Windows tab under the Advanced section?  The support article Advanced Windows Cleaning Rules states that "None of these Cleaning rules are enabled by default, and we recommend only enabling them for specific troubleshooting purposes. They may cause problems otherwise."

If you have checked every option in Custom Clean for cleaning I would suggest you reset all your CCleaner settings back to their default as instructed in the support article How Do I Restore CCleaner's Default Settings?.

I use CCleaner Free Portable and only use the Custom Clean feature (i.e., I do not run other features like Health Check, Performance Optimizer, etc.) and I am very careful about selecting additional options that are not included in the default settings.  For example, I normally do not have any options checked in the Advanced and Windows Downloads sections and only have a few options selected under System.

CCleanerv6_20CustomCleanWindowsTabNoAdvancedOptionsChecked01Feb2024.png.0bf08ed214e9a715a7ed9941e5092b68.png

To check your Windows system files for possible damage run the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth from an elevated command prompt with Administrator rights [i.e., from the Windows search box (Windows key + Q) search for "cmd" or"command prompt" and choose "Run as Administrator"].  If this DISM scan reports "No component store corruption detected" as shown below then run the System File Checker (SFC) command sfc /scannow to see if it can detect and repair any damaged system files. If System File Checker does not find any problems it should report "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" as shown below.  See the ghack.net article Use DISM to Fix Issues SFC Can't for more information about these commands.

If that doesn't fix Windows Spotlight see the July 2023 MiniTool article How to Fix Spotlight Not Working in Windows 11? [Ultimate Guide].

Win10Prov22H2CommandPrompt2ndScanDISMCheckHealthandSFCNoProblems25Dec2023.png.74a934da871839303bf52f3cdfb85c5c.png

You can file a support request with CCleaner at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general, but if you do so please note that you might wait a long time for a reply.  I'm not sure if this is due to a backlog of support requests or a lack of staff but Customer Support is very slow these days, and if you use CCleaner Free and have not paid for a Pro license then your support request will likely have a lower priority.
-------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3930 * Firefox v122.0.0 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23110.3-1.1.23110.2 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.8.311-1.0.2249 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * CCleaner Free Portable v6.20.10897

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DuguaySarahh94:

Just checking in to see if you've made any progress with your Win 11 Desktop Spotlight problem.

If you require further assistance and want to continue troubleshooting in this forum please review the questions I posted  <above> on 01-Feb-2024.
------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.4046 * Firefox v122.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23110.3-1.1.24010.10 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.8.311-1.0.2259 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * CCleaner Free Portable v6.21.10918