Recycle Bin Question

zapatero

I have just installed, and run CCleaner for the first time, so I am definitely a newbie -- please go easy on me... I have spent a couple of hours reading the CC documentation, help files, and forum posts, but haven't found the answer yet. Can someone help?

I was somehow expecting that the cleaned files would go into the recycle bin, for later restoration in case something shouldn't have been removed. I my case though, this did not happen. I am sure that I have misunderstood some setting or something. Can someone please educate me?

(I DO have empty the recycle bin checked, but I am assuming that applies to what is *already* in there.)

Thank you very much,

zapatero

Thank you Eldmannen, that's clear enough that even I can understand it. :)

Then do you, or does anyone else, know of cases where things have been deleted that have caused machine problems? (I'm not casting doubt on the quality of the CC application -- I'm only questioning whether I have the qualifications to be driving it.)

I don't wish to burden the forum with FAQ questions, if this is one. If you know of old threads that I should be looking at, please tell me.

TYVM, ~~~z

Then do you, or does anyone else, know of cases where things have been deleted that have caused machine problems? (I'm not casting doubt on the quality of the CC application -- I'm only questioning whether I have the qualifications to be driving it.)

I don't wish to burden the forum with FAQ questions, if this is one. If you know of old threads that I should be looking at, please tell me.

TYVM, ~~~z

very rarely.

theres been a couple instances where it corrupts java or something but ive only seen this twice on the forum.

mostly, if not all, problems can be fixed.

if your not sure about it, dont check anything under the advanced section and you should be perfectly safe!

hope to see you around on the forums some more :D

EDIT: if your scanning for issues on your computer with Ccleaner, you should ALWAYS make a backup just incase something goes wrong.

you will then be safe there also!

Thank you Eldmannen, that's clear enough that even I can understand it. :)

TYVM, ~~~z

Personally, I don't think that I have ever had any problem with CCleaner, but of course there are some unfortunate who appears to have had some problems.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Thank you all for your kind responses.

I think that I probably just need to study all the instructions and forums some more, and live with it for a while, to become more comfortable. The first run does appear to have worked without any problems though.

I do have another question however, but I'll start a new topic.

Thank you, ~~~z