Software Updater showing the wrong version of installled Plex Media Server

Hi all,

On CCleaner v6.19.10858 (and already quite some releases before that, can't tell exactly when), the Plex Media Server installed version shown is incorrect.

See screenshot attached where the latest version of Plex, 1.32.8.7639.0 (at the time of writing that message), is already installed on my machine.

Intially, version number 1.32.7.7621.0 was installed on my machine, but then got later updated within Plex updater (not using CCleaner Software Updater).

I can't see any mention of the old version number 1.32.7.7621.0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Plex, Inc.\Plex Media Server

Cheers,

Alex

CCleaner_Updater_Plex.png

Managed to get down to the bottom of this.

I installed by mistake a 32 bits version of Plex Media Server (likely at the same time as the 64 bits variant - looking at the files timestamps), that was lying in the Program Files (x86) folder. As I am using the 64 bits version only, the unused 32 bits version was picked up by CCleaner in the first place. I simply deleted the whole 32 bits folder and re-ran a Software Updater scan on CCleaner, the entry disappeared.

Topic can be closed.

• Moderators

Thanks for the explanation, good to hear that you worked out what it was.

We have seen it before where there can be confusion with 32bit and 64bit versions having different version numbers.
Once the developers are aware that a certain software has that issue they do usually make sure that the distinction is made.

However in this case as you seem to have had both versions installed then the Software Updater would still have picked up that the 32bit had an update pending, and should have updated that 32bit (if you told it to) but left the also installed 64bit as it was.

Sometimes people do want both the 32 and 64 bit versions installed on the same machine, for testing or other reasons.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043