It removed over 60 MB !? Can this be right ?

lever

I've used CCleaner a few times now and, on each occasion, it says that it has removed over 60 MB !

Considering it only removes a few temp. internet files and other small bits and pieces each time this seems a very high amount to me, especially as it only takes a few seconds to do so !

Can it be correct or is the program prone to exaggeration ?

Great little product tho :) .

Welcome to the forum lever :) !

Usually it's pretty accurate regarding the amount of files it removes but it also depends on how often you run it. Have you looked at the files it's removing to see if anything looks unusual? If you want you could list some of the files here and someone will tell you if everything looks OK.

I use Firefox for my browser and it often removes about that much from my PC depending on how long I browsed and how many sites I've visited.

And, as Elmannen already confirmed, this is not uncommon at all.

If you don't clean out the Local Settings\Temp folder in your profile on a regular basis, it could be positively brimming with temporary files/folders.

Also, in IE > Internet Options, press 'settings', and have a look at the "amount of disk space to use" for Temporary Internet Files. It could easily be a LOT more than 60 MB, and all that reserved disk space WILL be occupied until the moment you empty your TIF folder...

Incidentally, I suggest you set it at 40 MB anyway. Should be more than enough...