CCleaner PRO Health Check's Speed & Security Unable to Reach Server

IdahoJill

I upgraded my CCleaner to the PRO version and successfully activated the key etc, but when I run the Health Check, the Speed & Security sections at the bottom say Unable to reach server on each one.  So the PRO features are not working as it didn't work yesterday either.  I haven't been able to reach anyone about this and am wondering if I need to cancel as not worth paying for this if the PRO features don't work.  What could be wrong?  I'm regretting upgrading as so far no additional benefit.....

Edited by IdahoJill

• Moderators

It isn't too unusual that one of the servers cannot be reached from time to time, there could be many reasons why.
(Mine are both connecting here, but I may be in a different country and so connecting to a different server or by a different route).

I'll take a guess here that the one that isn't connecting for you is 'Security'?
That is the Software Updater, so although a nice feature is not essential. Health Check is still cleaning for you, it just can't currently check that some of your installed apps are up to date.

If I'm correct and it is 'Security' then try using CCleaners' Tools>Software Updater>Refresh and it will probably say that "It seems like you are offline" - of course you aren't offiline it just can't find the server.

It could be that there is an issue at the server itself; it might be undergoing an update, or there may be a problem that needs to be fixed.
It could be a break somewhere in the many connections over the internet between your computer and the server.
Either of those will usually last anywhere from minutes to a couple of days until someone fixes it.

Or it could be that something on your machine, your Antivirus, or Firewall, or VPN, or ...,  is blocking your access to that particular server.
Again that may go away on its own, say as the AV gets a deffinition update which they usually do at least daily.

You are best leaving it a day or two to see if the server itself, or a 'bad' connection, gets sorted out somewhere on the internet.
If it doesn't then it's time to look at if the issue might be at your end.

If it's still the same in a couple of days then please post back telling us what Windows version you have, what antivirus you use (and if it's not Windows Security/Defender what version the AV is), and if you are using a VPN, Hosts file, or any similiar security software or measures.
We'll try our best to help you sort out what the issue is.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043