Clearing frequent folders from quick access list in windows file explorer

mikesw

The current version of ccleaner doesn't have a checklist for me to remove frequent folders from the quick access  list in file explorer and yet retain the default ones such as pictures, videos etc.

The frequent folders list can become quite long and I must delete them manually vs. relying on ccleaner to do it.

• mikesw changed the title to Clearing frequent folders from quick access list in windows file explorer
  • Moderators

You can turn the Frequent folders off in File Explorer itself.

Open File Explorer and in the left pane right-click on Quick Access, from the menu select Options.
image.png
There are tickbox options there to set whether or not Quick Access shows you  'recently used file's and/or 'frequently used folders' .
There is also a Clear button to clear the ones already there in Quick Access. (If you don't want to turn them off altogether but just want to clear them now and again).

image.png

If you want a folder to stay there, always be displayed, and not be cleared, then you can 'PIN' that folder to Quick Access.
Right-click on any folder and there is an option to 'Pin to Quick Access'.
eg. On this laptop I have the 2 boxes above unticked, and currently have these folders  'Pinned' to Quick Access, (note the little pin icons).
They are the only ones that ever show there, and they will stay there until 'unpinned':
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043