Health Check> Security> Unable to reach server

free radical

• Moderators

The 'Unable to reach server' can be caused by various things from a problem at the server, a problem at your machine, or anywhere on the internet journey between the two.
Try Tools>Software Updater, that's the same thing (there are a few slight differences) and should try to connect to the same server.

CCleaner being slow to launch can also have various causes, TBH it can often change depending on Windows updates, particularly updates to Windows Security/Windows Defender.

However as you say that other apps are also being slow then I have a suspicion what may be causing it, at least what may be causing it today.

Yesterday was 'Patch Tuesday' when Microsoft releas monthly updates to widows, so you probably got a Windows update last night or this morning which may be slowing things down.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-november-2023-patch-tuesday-fixes-5-zero-days-58-flaws/

My other laptop is doing the update as I type this, (I'll leave it sat idle for a while afterwards, then I'll do the update on this one later), it does look to be a fairly large one this month, and includes the "Malicious software removal tool" which is a virus scan (above what Windows Security does) and can slow things down as it runs automatically following the update (which is why I'll let my laptop sit idle while it does that).

During and following a Patch Tuesday update Windows can be downloading and installing a lot of files, which can slow other things down for a couple of hours afterwards.

If  you can I would leave the computer sat idle, turned on but not used, for an hour or two then do a 'Restart' (not shutdown) and see if things have improved for you.
As it's now 11 hours since you posted then things may have already settled down for you.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043