Where do I find files that don't have a file path on Recuva?

TriPulsar

My PC decided to delete a game I play, and it got rid of all of my files for it.  I tried to use Recuva to find the files I needed, but I can't find them in the folders.  When I tried a different software, the files showed up in a folder labelled, "File Path Not Found", but that folder doesn't exist in Recuva, as far as I can tell.  Where would I find those files?

• Moderators

"File Path Not Found"  is not a folder - it's simply the app telling you that it doesn't know what folder/sub-folders the file was originally in because the File Table no longer contains that information.

In Recuva set it to search the whole disc and not just in specified folders. (Of course that's going to take longer to scan).
If it still doesn't find the file(s) on a standard scan then do it again with a deep scan.

Note that it may also be the case that Recuva is not showing you the file because although the file header (it's name) is there it doesn't actually contain any recoverable data. So all that could be recovered in that case would be a useless empty filename.
(Some free-trial recovery softwares will show you those empty files anyway - to temp you into buying the software even though it still can't recover it as a usable file).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043