New Free version 6.15 hangs on my laptop now

Igorath

I upgraded the version I had before (no idea what it was) to the latest. When it was installed I ran it and it gave a distorted main screen, that is the main screen without buttons, text, or any interactivity. Then it started a series of flashing screens with minin windows with white border also flashing then finally ending up with the main screen, ghosted out with a 'optional advertisement to keep CCleaner free for everyone' and then the laptop locks up unresponsive. my pc versions works fine with no sign of the 'advertisement'.

- both were downloaded from this site

- both OS are Windows 10 fully updated to today

- laptop was scanned via SFC/DISM/chkdsk and only SFC found problems and fixed them.

Anyone seen this or something similar before?

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Igorath said:

- both were downloaded from this site

Anyone seen this or something similar before?

Obviously that is not normal.
And I've never seen an advertisment like you describe - but there is always a slight chance that it's something new.

If you are using an Antivirus other than Windows Defender then please tell us what AV it is and what version number it is.
Some AVs can interfere with CCleaner, particularly if/when the AV is not up to date.
Note that some will say 'up to date' when in fact they are not, which is why we want to know the AVs version number.

PS. I have just downloaded a new installer from the link in 'Announcements' and reinstalled CCleaner on this laptop, it's working just as it should do.

What I would do next in your shoes:

1. Uninstall CCleaner from your laptop.
  2. 'Restart' the laptop (not Shutdown, 'Restart').
  3. Download the 'Slim' installer from here, it's the 3rd one down: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds
  4. Double-click ccsetup615_slim.exe to reinstall CCleaner. (It's the same CCleaner, it's the installer that is slightly different).
  5. Check if it runs as it should now.

Let us know how that goes.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043