Browser Plugins > Save to txt file

vane

The txt file isn't complete. Only one plugin is exported and its name is 'Improve YouTube!' 🎧 (for YouTube & Videos). There's an apostrophe before the first letter I.

Version: 6.13.10517

Edited by vane

• Moderators

I have just tried it here and it only saves the files from the tab that is currently open.
That will be so that if you are using more than one browser then you can save a seperate list for exch browser.

For example, IE tab open (actually it shows Edge here):
image.png

Only those 2 extensions are saved to the text file.

Firefox tab open:

image.png

All of the Firefox extensions are saved to the text file.

If that isn't what happens for you then please come back, and if you can explain a bit more what you are seeing.

EDIT- Are you still using a non-standard browser (7star)?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I use Chrome. There are many extensions in my Chrome and one of them is 'Improve YouTube!'  (for YouTube & Videos). Only that extension is exported. However, after removing it and exporting again, the txt file is complete. Please fix this bug. Thank you.

• Moderators

If removing that particular add-on has cured the issue for you then that sounds as if may have been a faulty install of that add-on rather than a bug in CCleaner.

What happens if you put that add-on back again?

If you put it back and the 'Save to text file' stops working again then that would show an incompatability with that particular add-on.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I'm pretty sure it's a bug of CCleaner. The default sort column in Browser Plugins is Program and 'Improve YouTube!' 🎧 (for YouTube & Videos) is on the top. The txt file only includes the content 'Yes    Extension    'Improve YouTube!'. Once I change the sort column, the txt file will list some add-ons and stops at 'Yes    Extension    'Improve YouTube!'.

Please install the extension I mentioned and use 'Save to text file'. You'll understand what the issue is.

Edited by vane

• Moderators

I don't want Chrome on my machine.

It may be a clash with that particular Chrome add-on and CCleaner. It may be that you just had a faulty install of that add-on. (Nobody else is reporting this happening).

The easiest way for you to check which it is to try adding that add-on again and seeing what happens.

• Moderators

Thanks for the extra info, I've found that I can also replicate this glitch with the add-on in Firefox.

It appears to be because the add-on name is in single quotation marks, and that is causing the problem,
It's probably messing up the outputting of the name as a text string.

I've flagged this to the staff for further investigation.