Duplicate Files to Delete

Chezzyk

I don't know why duplicate files keep appearing on my PC, I'm forever getting low storage and this shouldn't be and it's so annoying. So I was recommended CCleaner to help. I thought it would do the trick but it hasn't. Although it cleans my PC to create a bit more space, it is only temporary. I discovered all these duplicate files, and at one stage I deleted most of them manually which took forever. Now I find they are all back again. So, using CCleaner I click find duplicates and it shows a long list all on the same drive. I manually click each one that I want to be deleted, then click delete. A box pops up saying that the action has been completed. Then underneath says, 'Some files could not be deleted'. When I look they are all still there. Even when I try to delete one file it doesn't delete. Why is this? I don't know what files they are tbh but they are all on the same drive C. I also have loads of duplicate photos which I manually deleted once before but they are back again. Why can't CCleaner delete them?

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Chezzyk said:

I don't know why duplicate files keep appearing on my PC, I'm forever getting low storage and this shouldn't be and it's so annoying. So I was recommended CCleaner to help. I thought it would do the trick but it hasn't. Although it cleans my PC to create a bit more space, it is only temporary. I discovered all these duplicate files, and at one stage I deleted most of them manually which took forever. Now I find they are all back again. So, using CCleaner I click find duplicates and it shows a long list all on the same drive. I manually click each one that I want to be deleted, then click delete. A box pops up saying that the action has been completed. Then underneath says, 'Some files could not be deleted'. When I look they are all still there. Even when I try to delete one file it doesn't delete. Why is this? I don't know what files they are tbh but they are all on the same drive C. I also have loads of duplicate photos which I manually deleted once before but they are back again. Why can't CCleaner delete them?

OK you have a storage full issue.

TBH it probably means that you need a bigger Hard Drive, or a second hard drive 

But let's see what can be done before that.

The first thing to say is untick 'System Files' in Duplicate Finder. The system often needs certain files to be duplicated to work properly, if you delete those system duplicates then if you are lucky Windows will put them straight back.

Following on from that, have a read of the second part of this about files that come back after cleaning:

Personally though I think that you just don't have enough free space left on your storage drive(s), so whatever you clean and get back to free space will just quickly fill up again.

Can you tell us how much free space you have on your drive(s)? In File Explorer right-click on the drive and select 'Properties' to see how much is used and how much still free.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043