All my downloads are gone!

Ok. It's not a bug but I've updated Ccleaner 100 times and never had an issue but on the last update they added the "Downloaded Files" section in the custom clean list at the very bottom and the default must have added everything in that list automatically so when I ran the custom clean it erased about 100 downloaded programs and files that were in it except for 1 folder (Fan Control). At least warn people or none of it should be default checked. I have never had to change anything when updating but you better. I'm deleting Ccleaner and I'm done with it.

• Moderators

The 'new' section to clean the Downloads folder has been in CCleaner since v6.06 which was released six months ago in November of 2022,

The options there have never been selected by default but have always been left unticked for the user to enable if they want to.

I've just double checked this myself and downloaded/installed CCleaner v6.10 on a laptop which didn't previously have CCleaner installed.
None of the 'Windows Downloads' cleaning options are ticked by default.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

It's been about 6 months since my last update but I've never seen the "Download" section so it's new to me. If I checked the boxes then I'm an idiot. I am getting old but sure don't remember changing anything because the settings carry over on updates. I was pretty upset. I've been using free CCleaner since around 2005.