How to disable Driver Updater? - CCleaner.ini

Ceresia

I currently utilize a scheduled task to run ccleaner and have a custom ccleaner.ini built.  What I cannot figure out is how to disable the driver updater feature in the ccleaner.ini file.  Does anyone have any information regarding this?  I do not want the driver updater to run at all, it continues to update my laptop display drivers on two of my gaming machines and messes up the nvidia drivers that auto switch my display from intel to nvidia.  I have tried to open the program and unselect drivers but it doesn't seem to hold, so I am just looking to disable this feature all together and be done with this headache. 

Thanks in advance.

C

• Moderators

You should not have a problem with CCleaner's Driver Updater - it does not automatically update any drivers.

CCleaners Driver Updater will not run unless you click on it and then scan/update your drivers. Don't click on it  and it will never run.
CCleaners Driver Updater will only update drivers if you tell it to do so in the CCleaner Pro version, it will not update drivers in the CCleaner Free version.

If something is updating your drivers automatically then it is not CCleaner.
It might be Windows Update, or it might be some other Driver Updater that you have installed. (Maybe accidentally?).

Just to add - You might see automatic Software Updates with CCleaner though:

The Software Updater will run automatically if you are using Health Check in the CCleaner Pro version.*
The Software Updater will not run automatically if you use Custom Clean in the CCleaner Pro version.
The Software Updater will not update anything in the CCleaner Free version.

The Software Updater can also be run manually at any time from the 'Tools' menu, but it will not update any softwares in CCleaner Free

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* If Health Check in CCleaner Pro finds Software to update then it will tell you so in the 'Security' box.
image.png

If it does find something than you can click on that box to see what it has found, and untick the update if you don't want it yet.
You will have to untick it every time that you run Health Check.
TBH I am not sure just how that unticking works if you have Health Check set to run on a schedule. (I might try to test that later).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043