CCleaner v6.06.10144 (16 Nov 2022) will not run

StillTrying

My Computer / CCleaner:

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe"

Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 22H2

KB4023057: Update for Windows Update Service components

This Version will download but not start.

Great product - please help me to get it working again.

Thanks,

Tom

• Moderators

Are you trying to run CCleaner as a Stardard user? (ie. not an administrator).

There is a known permissions issue, which is being looked at to fix.

For now though we have a workround that installs CCleaner so that a standard user can open it as normal, see this:

If however you are a Windows administrator account and CCleaner still isn't opening then please tell us which antivirus you are using.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hello,

I have the same problem. CCleaner Portable won't start (no CCleaner window appears), I just see in the task manager that there is a task called CCleaner.
The same problem is with version 6.04.10044, which was working without problems until three weeks ago.
I run CCleaner as administrator.
Windows 10 x64 22H2 with all system updates in the month of November.
I have ESET Internet Security 16.0.24.0 antivirus.

Thank you.

• Moderators

I wouldn't have thought this installation/permissions situation would apply to the Portable which isn't installed.

Having said that we have recently seen some users who are using the Portable from the C: drive rather than as actually portable.

Are you running the Portable from a USB stick?

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

On 21/11/2022 at 15:34, nukecad said:

I wouldn't have thought this installation/permissions situation would apply to the Portable which isn't installed.

Having said that we have recently seen some users who are using the Portable from the C: drive rather than as actually portable.

Are you running the Portable from a USB stick?

Yes, indeed, CCleaner portable 6.06.10144 and older runs normally from a USB flash drive.

When a new version of CCleaner comes out, I always download the new portable version to the system C:\ drive and try it from there first, and if everything is fine, save it to a USB flash drive and use CCleaner portable from there normally. Since I couldn't run CCleaner portable from the C:\ drive, I didn't try again from the USB flash drive...

Thank you.

• Moderators

Thanks for comfirming that the Portable runs as normal if used as it's meant to be - from a USB stick.

(I'm not sure if that is now intentional to prevent people running it from the C: drive rather than installing CCleaner like they should? But it might well be).