Mismatch in Driver data

NeilA

From Driver Updater in CCleaner, I'm told I have 66 Drivers, of which 10 need updating. When I look at the dates of the proposed updates, they are nearly 4 years old in most cases, and even 9 years old in another.

I have another app which is specifically for Driver updating, and it tells me I have 202 Drivers, none of which currently need updating. This software does, from time to time, propose updates for Drivers with very current dates.

I feel that something is amiss with CCleaner's Driver Updater software........... is there any other information available as to why this might be occurring????

Guest AustinCCleaner

Hi @NeilA

Thank you for reaching out today. All drivers that are offered through CCleaner are ranked by Microsoft and we use this rank to determine if we offer a particular driver, I have put a link below to an article on Microsoft's website about how these rankings work.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/how-setup-ranks-drivers--windows-vista-and-later-

Potentially the drivers through the other app may have had a higher version number or newer release date but were lower in the overall ranking system for what is seen as optimal by Microsoft.

With regard to the disparity in the number of drivers (and what I have mentioned above), we would be happy to look further into this for you, if you could please email our support team via support@ccleaner.com  

If you can include the following log files in the email, it will be very helpful.

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Data\DUState.dat
C:\Program Files\CCleaner\LOG\DriverUpdaterLib.log
C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log
Any log files in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Data\StateHistory folder

These can be found by opening Windows Explorer and navigating to the folders indicated then send us a copy of the files listed above.

Also, can you please provide us with the log file that is created when running CCleaner in debug mode, using the following steps?

Open the "Run" dialog in Windows (On the keyboard, hold/release the Windows () and "R" keys simultaneously)
Type: CCleaner.exe /debug > click OK
When CCleaner opens, use the program to replicate the problem you are reporting
Close out of CCleaner

Afterwards, a log file will be generated in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder and it will be named in the format of "CCleaner_[version]_[date]_[time].log". Please send this file to us.

Let me know if you have any trouble with the above and I will be happy to help.

The driver updater is buggy beyond belief.
I have reported this to support as I’m offered 2 drivers both of which are older than the ones installed. Dates are older & the driver versions are older so what the updater is basing this information on I can’t see.

So far no fix. I suspect this will be the last year I support CCleaner by buying a subscription as support is useless. I have already cancelled the recurring charge.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.