Piriform Installer running - get warning message when trying to shutdown laptop

SteveA

Hello, I want to shutdown my Lenovo laptop and install the latest Windows updates however when I try to shut it down I get a warning message that Piriform installer is running and to not shut down my laptop.  I have reinstalled the latest version of CCCleaner and KAMO but am still getting this warning message.  When I look at the list of background apps running I can see 3-4 instances of Piriform running.  When I click on "end service" nothing happens and the piriform app just keeps running in the background. 

Can I shutdown my PC and just ignore these warning messages as they seem "bogus" to me? 

Thank you

Steve 

• Moderators

Yes, I'd just shutdown. Although it's been 16 hours since you asked so you've probably done that anyway by now.

I'm not sure why it is saying the installer is still running?
Have you been using the Software Updater perhaps? (It's built into Health Check on Pro versions).
Or maybe the Driver Updater?
Maybe something in one of those got stuck?

But it shouldn't harm anything to terminate it.
At the worst you might have to reinstall CCleaner and/or Kamo again from scratch.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I play about with computers a bit so have got used to ignoring Windows 'Nanny' messages when needs must.

Like when the famous "Updating do not switch off your computer" gets stuck onscreen for a couple of hours. Nothing else to do other than switch it off. Which has never caused a problem (yet) at the worst it's just restarted and done the whole update again.

OK, there is a very slight possibility that you may end up having to reinstall Windows from scratch. But as long as you do regular backups of your files (or full Mirror backups) then even that's not too drastic.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043