Skip User Account Control warning (UAC) function no longer working 2022

JJ007

Hi,

Post the latest CCleaner update, windows UAC prompts for CCleaner on login after reboot & on launch of CCleaner app.

This was not identified as occurring prior to the CCleaner prompted update but as per previous posts could be caused by a windows update as the workstation is not rebooted that often.

I have the "Skip User Account Control warning" check box selected. Location, CCLEANER PRO > OPTIONS > ADVANCED > SKIP USER ACCOUNT CONTROL WARNING.

I have checked TASK SCHEDULER as per some very old posts, (so probably no longer relevant) & the expected task IS present "CCleanerSkipUAC - [USERx]" STATUS: READY & does have the action, START PROGRAM & details "[APP PATH]/ccleaner.exe" $(Arg0).

I have tried deselecting the "Skip User Account Control warning" check box & rebooting, then on next login, reapplying the "Skip User Account Control warning" check box and rebooting.

The issue remains.

I am logging in with a user that has ADMIN rights. CCleaner app was also installed with this user.

I am running:

CCleaner Professional V6.02.9938 (64bit)

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎13/‎06/‎2020
OS build    19044.1826
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

For other community forum users in the future: This is in reference to an issue as at 03/08/2022.

• Moderators

I've had this happen myself a few times before following a Windows  'Patch Tuesday' update.

The Windows update sometimes seems to mess something up with the Skip UAC setting.

Normally switching it off in CCleaner, (or any other app with a UAC override that's affected)  closing and reopening it, then switching it on again sorts it out.

But you say that you have already tried that.

In the odd time that's happened to me and turning it off/on hasn't worked I've just reinstalled CCleaner. (Or the other app that was affected).

Make a note of your licence key, and a backup of your .ini file if you use one, just in case you need them after reinstalling.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi, Thanks for the response nukecad.

Having rebooted the workstation several further times directly on the workstation itself, (not via RDC, although same admin user applied) the issue has resolved itself.

Normal services resumed as at 03/08/2022. 

This thread can now be closed if required.

• Moderators

Good to hear it sorted itself out.

This particular UAC issue often does fix itself as a Windows  Update sorts itself out.

Even when it says an update is complete Windows is still ticking away in the background, installing new modules and updating things, which can take some time.
(If you open Task Manager and let the machine sit there idle following an update you can see the various installer and service processes kick in and run).
And yes sometime it does need another restart or two to get everything completely done.

If I can I'll leave a machine sat idle for an hour or two after a Windows update to let it finish what its doing and then do a restart, but we all get impatient at times.

PS. We don't normally close threads here, just let them grow old and go inactive.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043