Kamo slow the computer

asis

Hello world. I have just begin with Kamo 4.0 but, when open in private connection, the speed of mu computer goes from 1TB to less than 100 MB. Please, It's normal? because I think is completely crazy. Thanks

Guest johnccleaner

I'm not sure what speed you mean - I'm pretty sure that even a big company like Microsoft or Google would be jealous of a Tbit/sec internet connection. 😄 

In any event, it is both expected and normal for your speeds to be reduced when using a VPN or similar software like the Private Connection function, both bandwidth and latency. See: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/access-management/vpn-speed/ but in short, you're adding even more stops between you and your destination, since you're connecting to the VPN host and then having it connect to the destination server on your behalf.

In short, using a VPN or similar software is a trade-off, losing speed and increasing latency in exchange for enhanced security and reduced trackability.

With that in mind, the sort of drop would be significant. I'd suggest keeping an eye on this, and if it persists for awhile, then please contact our support team via the Contact Us form located here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=86507 or by emailing support@ccleaner.com directly and we'll collect some information so that this can be investigated further.

• 3 weeks later...

Horrible! My subscription will end soon, and I have found many much better products to chose from. This Kamo product greatly slowed my computer speed! Each time After renewing for the past two years, my spam mail greatly increases - This is not a coincidence, it is perfectly timed at each renewal! I believe this company has become a fraud, and actually does the exact opposite from what they say they do - THEY ARE THE SPAMMERS, THIEVES, AND LIARS, AND SELLS YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHERS! THAT CORRUPTION IS THEIR MAJOR SOURCE OF INCOME!

Does not do what they say it will, which is typical of CCleaner these days. Someone has taken over control of the entire CCleaner product and has turned it into a lying, stealing, and cheating company!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Rdy said:

AND SELLS YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHERS! THAT CORRUPTION IS THEIR MAJOR SOURCE OF INCOME!

Errrr no.  Piriform's primary source of income is from selling licences to our products to our own customers.  And since 2011 we have also had a sideline in making offers for other products to free users when they install or update CCleaner to help offset the cost of providing millions of free downloads every day, but no user information is shared with any third parties.

Indeed, Piriform collects no personal information on our free users, and only holds the minimum information on our paying customers necessary to manage their subscription entitlements.  Piriform has never sold information to anyone. A list of email addresses of CCleaner customers would only be of value to competitors and, aside from the legalities of the matter, it would be rather foolish for us to help them in this fashion.

For more information, see https://www.ccleaner.com/about/data-factsheet

1 hour ago, Rdy said:

for the past two years, my spam mail greatly increases

Kamo protects your privacy online by masking your browser fingerprint (which is what is being increasingly used these days instead of cookies) and with VPN technology to hide your IP address.  If you are concerned that you are receiving a high volume of spam, you might want to check out https://haveibeenpwned.com/ When I checked the email address that you used to register your account here, I saw that it had been reported in 4 major data breaches - so it is quite possible that spammers may have picked up your email address from one of these.

1 hour ago, Rdy said:

This Kamo product greatly slowed my computer speed!

Are you still using an old version of Kamo?  Or have you updated to the latest version, Kamo 4.0?  When you say "slowed your computer speed" are you referring to your internet connection when running Private Connection?  (As yes, connecting through a VPN will generally reduce your internet speed to some degree and should only be used when you are browsing sites where you wish to remain hidden and it not suitable for use while streaming videos, etc).  And have you contacted customer support for them to help you diagnose your issue?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @asis Thanks for the screenshots because although it would not be abnormal for VPN technologies to have some affect on internet connectivity speeds, I can see how you are experiencing a substantial degradation in Download/Upload speeds whenever Private Connection is turned on.

However I've not yet been able to replicate the issue as Private Connection has a negligible effect on my own internet connectivity speeds, and I am curious if this problem could be easily avoided by changing the server you are connecting to, which will be possible in a future update for Kamo.

In any case, we're eager to investigate further; would I have permission to contact you via email, using the same email address registered to your forums account?

Thanks Megan, I use also Karspersky VPN, Windscribe VPN, Urban VPN,.... and has not at all this great fall down in the speed.

And, of course, if I can help, here I am for you completely. even this problem, I like Kamo.