Defraggler access files in LCU which are not on the file list

I have Defraggler version 2.22.995 64-bit.

When Defraggler is defragmenting it shows the path and name of the files it is working on. Or at least I assume that the names of the files that flash past near the bottom left corner of the Defraggler screen when it is defragmenting are the files it is currently working on.

When it is defragmenting C: and down to the last 50-100 files I see that it often refers to the folder C:\Windows\Servicing\LCU\... but when I look at the File List tab there are no files listed in that folder. What is going on? Why is it referring to a folder and files that are not in the list of files that need to be defragmentd? There are no folders in the Settings > Options > Exclude list.

Thanks

Michael

• Moderators

Defragglers standard defrag does both a 'files defragment' and a 'consolidation' of files on the drive.

If you are seeing something that is not in the files list then it's probably unfragmented files that are being moved as part of the consolidation.

You can do a 'files only' defrag (without the consolidation) by clicking the box at the top of the files list and then selecting 'Defrag Checked'.

PS. The LCU folder is the 'Last Cumulative Update' folder which contains a backups in case you want to undo a Windows update.
There can be thousands of files in there.
Windows should clean it up after a while and only leave the latest ones, but you can do it yourself by running Windows built in Disk-Cleanup with the 'System Files' option.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043