Remove latest version and reinstall the previous release of ccleaner

simun

Hello, I have updated the ccleaner version from 1.18 for mac to the new version 2.3.137.  I don't really like how you rewrote the new interface, is not intuitive and is limited. How can I download the previous version?

• Admin

CCleaner for Mac 2.x has quite a change to the user interface (it now looks more like a Mac product, rather than a PC port) and is being more actively maintained, with updates every 2 months - compared to the old CCleaner for Mac 1.x, for which updates were rather less frequent.

On that topic, you might want to take a look at CCleaner for Mac 2.04.141 - which is due out today.

image.png

Please note that the last release of CCleaner for Mac 1.x was 1.18.30 back in October 2020.  As such, it may not work on BigSur 11.1 or above, on Monterey 12.x, or M1 hardware.

While CCleaner for Mac 1.18 is no longer supported for free users, there is still a copy of the old version available for compatibility with active Professional Plus PC/Mac bundle subscriptions that have not yet been migrated: https://download.ccleaner.com/mac/CCMacSetup118.dmg (starts a download) - although those CCleaner Professional Plus customers are recommended to contact customer support to get a temporary CCleaner for Mac 2.x licence key.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

While I appreciate the new Mac version is being kept updated (unlike 1.18.x) and it looks all Mac'ified, the lack of user choice (in advance) as to what it should scan and/or, say,  how to choose what Cookies are kept and which aren't at cleaning is disconcerting. Must a user go through the entire list shown to be sure and manually add the ones to keep? Really? Other offers - like for 'bad' photos - equally disconcerting, even if a user can choose to not delete them after the scan.

It all looks like a user accident waiting to happen.

Meanwhile, I note on my travel laptop running Win11, the old school layout still exists, even in the most recent version. Seems to work, too.

Sometimes adding bells and whistles ("Squirrel!") is just that, and IIABDFI (If It Ain't Broke...) applies.