Not fixed in 5.89: CCleaner not deleting Chrome cookies

Hmm

Still not working properly.

Go to the following URL: chrome://settings/content/all?search=cookies and you will see all sorts of cookies.

There's a new feature in Chrome where you can sort cookies by:

Data Stored

Most visited

Name

Screenshot 2022-01-25 151424.jpg

Guest Andrei CCleaner

Heya @Hmm, you don't need to create multiple threads about this issue as we've identified it the first time you reported it in the other thread. 

Thank you for the help provided ! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2022 at 03:18, Andrei CCleaner said:

Heya @Hmm, you don't need to create multiple threads about this issue as we've identified it the first time you reported it in the other thread. 

Thank you for the help provided ! 

Ah, yes, I know. In the other thread though, you said it's fixed, when it's not. 😉

• Moderators

I think that problem is that the 'Fixed' thread now contains reports of more than one issue, and although what was the main focus of the thread has been 'fixed' other issues with Chrome still remain.

It happens when you get a lot of "me too's" on a thread like that one, sometimes they are not about the same issue just something similar.

As you note in your latest post there Chrome does seem to have changed (messed up?) a number of things, and it will probably be changing them again.

10 hours ago, Hmm said:

Just an FYI. If you do a fresh new clean install of Chrome, you will no longer have access to all your cookies. It's also random if any updates will remove your cookies  that have been stored in Chrome. I am not referring to Chrome (quasi) cookie list.

In other words, our reliance on CCleaner to view and clean Chrome cookies has never been greater. Damn Google!

It's always a case of CCleaner (and others) having to play catch-up when a browser changes multiple things like that.
(And from what you say there it sounds as if Chrome themselves haven't got it all soted out yet, so it may be changing again).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043