CCleaner ... I don't want to you to analyze my cookies!

frank479

I was stepping through my settings and the moment I touched "Cookies", being that I had the Chrome browser up, it was like:

image.png.4314eb4b222ad1dc2cd13c6356c71b97.png

So, I figured if I click "No" it would say, sorry, can't do the analysis then and it does say this:

image.png.4716ceef1a199c6e0924762fc2e552c5.png

So I hit cancel.

And this shows up again.

image.png.88549db1c6180c0c9b80eff98edb97a8.png

So, obviously, CCleaner is going to do that cookie analysis whether I want to or not.

To get out of this infinite loop I had to hit 'No' and the CCleaner close box at the same time.

Please fix this.   I know now never to touch that Option setting unless I am in a position to close my browser, but co'mon.

• Moderators

Which OS are you on Windows, Mac, or Android?

Which version of CCleaner are you using?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I am on Windows 10 using CCleaner 5.88.9346.

I was just browsing the settings and had run CCleaner the night before so I really wasn't interested in shutting down my browser just to look at the cookies.  I just wanted to cancel the operation and just check a different setting.  CCleaner was not having any of that- either I was shutting down the browser myself or I was going to let CCleaner shut it down for me.  There were no other options.

• Moderators

As this is Chrome then I would update your CCleaner to v5.89.9401 which was released yesterday.

Note that the '.9401' is important. (But if you update today you should be given that anyway).

It may be that your issue is not related to the fix in that version, so if you are still having problems after updating then please come back.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043