Ccleaner not cleaning Adobe Reader DC files

arejfour

I just reinstalled both Ccleaner and Adobe Reader DC due to a computer issue. What I have noticed is Ccleaner is not cleaning the Adobe Reader PDF files, that I looked at, even though the Adobe Reader clean is enabled in Ccleaner. Any suggestions? Thanks

• 4 months later...

CCLEANER portable build 5.92.9652 is not deleting Adobe Reader DC history.

It does not show any history if a scan is run on just the Adobe Reader DC item.

I have tried unchecking and rechecking the checkbox.

Any other ideas please?

• 7 months later...

This could be because the 64-bit version, which Adobe now prefers, uses a different registry key. The cleaning rule would have to be adjusted accordingly.

RegKeyX=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles
RegKeyX=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFolders

Thanks. Confirmed that is where I find the references to the Adobe files that are not being deleted.

It would be neat if a "Custom registry keys" feature could also be added like the "Custom files and folders" feature. And a "Registry key" option added to the Options -> Include dialog, like the Options -> Exclude dialog has.

How does the Adobe key update and the above feature suggestions get added to the developers' task list?

Unfortunately, it often takes a lot of patience until a change makes it into CCleaner.

You could help yourself with a winapp2.ini file:
https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048432831-How-to-add-your-own-program-for-CCleaner-for-Windows-to-clean

The cleanup rule would then look like this:

[Adobe Reader DC *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC
Default=True
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFolders

Thanks for the effort to reply so promptly and comprehensively. That worked perfectly and can be applied to a few other things too - much appreciated.

Any chance you'd know the keys or files for the Windows 11 Start -> Recommended section at the bottom? There are two categories of data that CCleaner does not clean up:

1. The history files (amongst others, there are OneNote files that I'd like to clean up when CCleaner is run)
  2. The recommended apps

This post has reference: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/63705-how-to-delete-windows-11-start-recommended-files-list

Thanks