Moving to a new PC, do I need to deactivate my pro license?

KatGamer

• Admin
4 hours ago, KatGamer said:

I’m getting a new PC in a few days. I have Ccleaner Pro. Do I need to deactivate my license key on my old PC before I install it on my new PC, and if so do I need to contact the company to do it? Thank you. 

Hi @KatGamer: Short answer: no :-)

Long answer: We keep things simple and don't have a provisioning/deprovisioning system for our home products.  If your licence was registered on one computer and then pops up on another one then our systems assume that you are doing exactly what you describe here - changing to a new computer.  It only gets grumpy if it sees someone "changing to a new computer" an excessive number of times - since that kind of scenario usually means that an IT technician is using his 1 PC licence to service client computers, instead of buying CCleaner Technician Edition as he ought to.

If you are selling off your old computer though, I would recommend uninstalling CCleaner first though, so that the new owner doesn't do anything nefarious with your registration information.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes