Speccy showing uninstalled Norton antivirus as "Enabled"

Nixxxed

I'm in the process of diagnosing several computer problems on another forum.  They asked for a Speccy report, which shows that Norton Security Suite is still installed and "Enabled / Up to Date" on my system.  I uninstalled Norton late last year using Revo Uninstaller and the Norton Removal Tool, plus manual deletion of a couple User folders which both programs missed.  I  have been using Windows Security / Windows Defender for all of 2021.  My system shows no running Norton processes that I can find.

The only Norton files left on my computer are several empty / orphan Scheduled Tasks in the System32 folder, and a couple of .jse scripts in the Windows Help folder.  Could these be what Speccy is seeing?  Or does Speccy read the registry to determine installed and active software?

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/t60jXYZjXJapbF3FJkfsvRj

Edited by Nixxxed
clarity

• 2 months later...

Hi Nixxxed:

If you still require assistance some of the suggestions in SpeccyUser's 04-Jan-2022 Speccy Detecting Malwarebytes and Norton Even Though They Are Uninstalled might be helpful.  For example, did you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall (NRnR) Tool in advanced "Remove Only" mode as instructed in the Norton support article Download and Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool for Windows?

Was your Norton Security Suite one of the free Norton products provided by Comcast/Xfinity that was described in the 01-Nov-2020 Norton blog End-of-Service Announcement for NortonLifeLock Subscription Offered by Comcast?
-----------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v21H2 build 19044.1466 * Firefox v96.0.3 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.2111.5-1.1.18800.4 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.5.2.157-1.0.1562
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U CPU, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620