Registration fail on license renewal combined with upgrade to Pro package 586

blue max 7

I notice that others are also having registration problems on their various systems. Mine is Win 7 Professional 64, somewhat dated, but it functions fine.

My last years subscription to CCleaner had absolutely no trouble setting up and registering when I purchased it.

Since then, no settings changes have been made on my  system.

The latest 'earlybird' purchase included other software modules, such as Speccy, Recuva and Defraggler, about which I know nothing yet, and have not explored these at all. 

I am just trying to get CCleaner functionality at this stage - back to where I was a week or so ago. 

My initial error message was 12002, then later attempts gave me 0x2eff. On each attempt I have both typed the key and name myself, and cut and pasted them from the purchase email.

I have had some interaction with the support crew, but so far no success upon trying their suggested fixes. They recommended checking the hosts file for an old piriform entry and also for a winhttp proxy issue.

These are the various steps I have tried:

Uninstall then reinstall. 

Uninstall then install the latest version 586.

Temporarily disable antivirus while registering.

Allow CCleaner through the Windows Firewall.

Run CCleaner as Administrator.

netsh show proxy says there is no proxy server engaged. (The internet options settings also show no proxy set up either for routine or VPN access - I've used direct access for years now).

The hosts file has two entries, nothing to do with CCleaner, and checking for the suspected entry, namely license.piriform.com shows it is not there and thus cannot be erased.

I am wondering if the problem stems from upgrading to a bundled package with these other new programs? Previously I had only CCleaner on my system.

Thanks for any advice, guys.

• Moderators

Nevermind seven wasn't sunsetted, only xp vista

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com