Data recovery from harddrive

jack7

stage 1- files were normal 
stage 2- I connected files to ransomware infected pc and my files on 
            harddrive became infected 
stage 3- I formatted the harddrive 

now with your software, it is possible to get files of stage 1

• Moderators

You'd need to give more details of just what you did however it doesn't look good.

It would depend on how the ransomware worked - but almost certainly NO.

At best all you would recover from the re-formatted drive would be the ransomware encryted files.
You might, just possibly, get a few from before encryption but most will have been overwritten with encrypted files.

If it were that easy to get files back from before ransomware encrypted them then ransomware wouldn't be as much of a problem.

You should realy be asking on a Malware forum (such as the Malwarebytes forum) about the possibility of unencrypting the files, it can be done for some ransomwares - but if you've already formatted the drive even that may no longer be a remote possibility.
You should still go to a malware removal forum to get you machine checked over and cleared of any remains of the ransomware.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/9573-im-infected-what-do-i-do-now/

The only real way to get files back from ransomware is to have a backup of the files on another disc that isn't left connected to your computer.
Then once you have fully cleared out the ransomware from your computer you can restore those files from the backup.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043