i have uninstalled freshdownload but it is still there?

short_steve277

why doesn't ccleaner delete programs in the registry that i have uninstalled. i have found alot of unused programs in the registry. i don't want to delete anything from it because i don't trust myself knowing me.

No application is able to detect and remove all registry keys pertaining to software you no longer have installed.

This is simply because it wasn't THERE when the application was installed in the first place, and hence it is unable to determine without a doubt what registry keys and values belong to the application in question.

Such is life...

In my experience MOST uninstallers leave an enormous amount of junk behind.

The only way around this is using an install monitor like TotalUninstall, Ashampoo Uninstaller and so on.

Such software take snapshots of the Registry before and after, so that you know exactly what files and reg keys and values have been added, removed, or altered.

It really isn't fair to 'blame' CCLeaner for not being clairvoyant... ;)

It really isn't fair to 'blame' CCLeaner for not being clairvoyant... ;)

I much prefer CCleaner to be on the cautious side of reg cleaning. I have tried some more aggressive (but supposedly safe) reg cleaners and have been scared by the amount of stuff they find, alot of which clearly is best left alone.