Visited websites - Google Chrome

SMalik

This is only with the websites that are saved as bookmarks in Chrome. The website highlighted in the screenshot is in my bookmarks. Whenever I visit this website, CCleaner does not wipe this link from the "History" file. Same thing with other websites that I have in Chrome bookmarks.

chrome_history_file.thumb.png.9979d62eeb3567252cf5d1e6bdd29a3d.png

• Moderators

Theres no need to post the same question twice and it can get confusing if answers are being given to the same question in two places, I've removed the other one.

As for your issue - are you cleaning 'Sessions' as well as 'History'? See this resolved thread from Wednesday:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

52 minutes ago, nukecad said:

Theres no need to post the same question twice and it can get confusing if answers are being given to the same question in two places, I've removed the other one.

As for your issue - are you cleaning 'Sessions' as well as 'History'? See this resolved thread from Wednesday:

Did I really post the same question twice?

I have checked all items, including those in Winapp2.ini, and CCleaner does not clean visited websites (whose links are stored in bookmarks).

• Moderators

I'm not sure then, especially with Winapp2 in the mix.

It does seem odd that CCleaner should delete some history but not all of it.

That would suggest that the parts not being cleaned are somehow protected, or are being cleaned but being synced straight back?

Another possibility is that the bookmarks are somehow being pre-loaded into the history when you launch Chrome?

Is it all bookmarks that are showing in the history, or just the ones that you have visited in the last session?

(I'm just thinking out loud, I won't have Chrome on my computer so can't try and check anything).

Anyone else have any suggestions?

PS. Yes you did start 2 threads with the same question, I thought it was unusual for a regular member.
The first was 3 hours before this one and just said "Chrome download history is not being cleared. "
I can put it back if you want?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

22 minutes ago, nukecad said:

I'm not sure then, especially with Winapp2 in the mix.

It does seem odd that CCleaner should delete some history but not all of it.

That would suggest that the parts not being cleaned are somehow protected, or are being cleaned but being synced straight back?

Another possibility is that the bookmarks are somehow being pre-loaded into the history when you launch Chrome?

Is it all bookmarks that are showing in the history, or just the ones that you have visited in the last session?

(I'm just thinking out loud, I won't have Chrome on my computer so can't try and check anything).

Anyone else have any suggestions?

PS. Yes you did start 2 threads with the same question, I thought it was unusual for a regular member.
The first was 3 hours before this one and just said "Chrome download history is not being cleared. "
I can put it back if you want?

Like I said before, the problem is only with the websites that are in my bookmarks, when I open them. I can see that there is a problem with CCleaner and it not being able to clean those traces. I have another privacy cleaner program that cleans those traces without any issue.

I must have made a mistake starting two threads. There is no need to repost that. Thank you.