CCleaner Freeze Bug

Zoot

I can tell from a few other posts, but there is no definitive explanation. There is some kind of problem with the latest version of CCleaner, (v5.69.7865 64 Bit) which downloaded and installed two days ago. My personal experience is that I like to leave CCleaner open in the background, so that I remember to run after I close all open programs/windows, (otherwise, I sometimes forget). So then, when getting ready to run CCleaner after leaving it open while working, (and after closing open programs) the CCleaner interface is frozen. However, the "x" to close works, so I close and then restart CCleaner to clear the hang, whereupon CCleaner works as it normally does. I run the registry tool and custom clean and healthcheck at least once a day.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Zoot said:

CCleaner works as it normally does. I run the registry tool and custom clean and healthcheck at least once a day.

There's no need to run healthcheck and custom clean.  If you want things like cookies to keep then use custom clean.  If you want everything clean and you don't care what is cleaned use healthcheck.  Registry cleaning on regular basis is not needed, - especially if you are removing all the found "issues"- and could cause damage to your computer which only a reinstall can fix

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com