CCleaner Professional only partially works

Everything was working fine until the big May (in July?) update for Windows. Now that I've got it, CCleaner Professional (V5.69.7865  64-bit) is having trouble connecting to the internet. The Security box in Health Check is "unable to reach server" and tools such as Software Updater informs me that I'm offline, which is odd because every other function on my PC that requires an internet connection is working just fine. And I've seen that people had this issue with older versions before the 2004 update, yet they were told it's "simply an incorrect message" and will be "fixed in a future update." That's a weird way of saying "We don't know what the problem is and we don't want to admit that our program that you paid for isn't working properly." How can one be told "Oh, it works, trust us! You just can't see it" and be expected to believe it? When will the functions that we pay for actually work? Just a bit frustrated over here.

• Moderators

Yes the server is currently showing as offline for me as well.

It may be down for an update or maintenance, but I'll give the staff a shout just in case it's a bigger problem.

PS. they did know what the problem was with the incorrect message - it was simply as stated, an incorrect message being shown, and it was corrected at the next version.
(It should have said '0 apps to update' but the code was pointing to the wrong message).

And yes - Software Updater should currently be showing a message saying 'Unable to reach server' rather than saying you are 'Offline'.
(Health Check correctly says 'Unable to reach server')
Although in the end it's the same result and you can't currently connect to that server someone really needs to check the message links in the code.

Edit - The staff have replied and are looking at why the server is currently not responding, hopefully it's a quick fix.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

The server is back up and working again for me here.

Please try your Health Check again.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 4 weeks later...

How can i check if the server is up? Currently i get "Unable to reach server" at the Speed tab. I've seen more postings concerning your(?) server. I must admit, it makes me wonder if it is wise  to buy the professional version.

Edited by Nostrojanus
addition

• Moderators

The easiest way to check is simply to run Health Check.

TBH it is not that important - there is more than one server used and different parts/tools of CCleaner connect to different servers. 

So if one (or more) sever is temporarily unreachable for watever reason then only one part of CCleaner should be affected and the rest should still work. Just carry on as normal. The junk/"tracker" clean will always work, server connection or not.

If you find that the servers are never ever reachable then that indicates that access is being blocked, usually by your computers Firewall settings.

PS. If you use Custom Clean that does not try to connect to a server each time like Health Check does.