Fonts deleted and mail broken.

Gumball

Hi, Guys.

I've noticed this problem was raised here already in May of last year but after using CCleaner all my fonts change.  Was there ever a remedy to this problem?  My mac system fonts are mostly question marks and my browser doesn't display numbers or icons.  I also find that when this happens my mail app stops working and closes its self down upon opening.  This fixes its self after a reset but it happens everytime I use CCleaner.

Cheers, guys.

• Moderators

Are you using Health Check or Custom Clean?

I don't have a Mac myself but I'd try the following.

If they are coming back following a restart then it's obviously just a temporary file that CCleaner is deleting.

You need to find which section of CCleaner is clearing the fonts and untick it to stop CCleaner from doing that.

I would start by unticking the 'Font Registry Cache', which would seem the obvious candidate to me.

Font Registry Cache - This option cleans the font registry cache, which stores information about certain fonts that can speed up access to them. It can be useful if you have garbled fonts on your system.

https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner-for-mac/ccleaner-for-mac-rules/mac-os-x-tab

If that doesn't cure it then it's detective time - a case of unticking the items one by one, running CCleaner to see if it still clears the fonts, if still cleared then retick that item and go to the next item, until it CCleaner stops clearing the fonts.

PS. Ticking/unticking items only works in Custom Clean, Health Check does it's own thing and does not use or respect the ticks/unticks in Custom Clean.
To set Custom Clean as the default go to Options>Settings and change 'CCleaner Home Screen' to 'Custom Clean'. (I assume that's the same in both Windows and Mac).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043