dpc and hardware interupts

oli

for some reason my computer has become very sloppy. if i look in process explorer i see that there two combined are using over 50 % of the processor. this has only just happended after i put in a new hard drive. i tried removing it but it did not make a difference. i checked in my comp to make sure that everything was still connected and it was. now most programs take ages to load, firefox not at all. anyone know what is causing this.

my comp is a p4 2.8, gig of ram, nvidia geforce 5800 and windows home edition

edit - i was just playing around in safe mode and it took me quite a few attempts to even get into it, it would get to the point where u have to chose a user then restart. now im in it thought and dpc and hardware interupts are only using <10% of the processor.

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

Your post would be alot more useful if you stated what processes it was that used over 50% of the processor...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

dpc and hardware interupts..... i thought that was a tad obvious....

Eldmannen is right. You need to say what processes are over 50%.

Ever wondered which program has a particular file or directory open? Now you can find out. Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.

The Process Explorer display consists of two sub-windows. The top window always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the bottom window depends on the mode that Process Explorer is in: if it is in handle mode you’ll see the handles that the process selected in the top window has opened; if Process Explorer is in DLL mode you’ll see the DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded. Process Explorer also has a powerful search capability that will quickly show you which processes have particular handles opened or DLLs loaded.

The unique capabilities of Process Explorer make it useful for tracking down DLL-version problems or handle leaks, and provide insight into the way Windows and applications work.

Try adding in a screenshot of your Process Explorer window as well. Process Explorer won't show you what's going on with your hardware. I thought that was a tad obvious from the title of the application, Process Explorer. :)

other processes arnt really using the processor. it seems this takes place for about the first half hour the computer is on.

post-1769-1152716342_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1152716342_thumb.jpg

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am