will "fixing my issues" on CCleaner break my registry?

dellazee

thats a good question. i THINK it deletes some of the bad registry inputs and deletes unnecessary files. if your talking about what you may have seen on other websites where you can edit the registry to make your computer run faster, i dont think it does that.

EDIT: found this...

CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free.

Cleans the following:

Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.

Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.

Recently opened URLs and files.

Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).

Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...

Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.

Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.

Windows Startup tool.

• Moderators

If you're unsure about your Windows registry safety create a known good registry backup before installing and/or using any software you're unsure about with ERUNT, it also doesn't hurt to manually create a System Restore point since not all installers trigger it to make a quick backup.

CCleaner's Issues ("registry cleaner") offers a sort of "wizard" during removal of invalid registry data to make a backup of the removed entries. Just make sure you store them in the My Documents folder so that you can easily find them should the need arise to restore them.

CCleaner's registry cleaner doesn't find allot of stuff that could be dangerous to remove, which in my opinion and belief allows CCleaner to have the safest registry cleaner I've ever used. However even it has been known to on very rare occasions find stuff that shouldn't be removed.