Any Way To Backup Files

ted65

:blink:

I have been using C-Cleaner for quite a while and love it but I do have a question. I make back-ups of any registry cleanups that I do, but is there any way to send the files that you take out with the cleaner function to the recycle bin? I spent hours trying to get my other computer with the two 500 Gig hard drives to work on a speed test site that it had been working on and finally figured out that when I ran the cleaner function, I had removed some Java files and stuff that it needed. Is there any way to send this stuff to the recycle bin so I can just restore it if something quits working? I am retired from Bell Labs and use the other computer to work with people on problems and it was a real job to finally figure out just what had happened. When I run cleaner it shows a lot of Java and Java related files that it says are not in use, but I am afraid to remove them as I don't want to spend another 2 days trying to figure out just what happened.

Thanks,

Ted

As of now CCleaner doesn't have that option, since the developer originally designed it to clean up space on a person's computer. I don't know if that is a future plan, but for now I can tell you with 99% (okay, maybe 85%) certainty that there is not a way to send them to the recycle bin.

Registry cleanups, on the other hand, are a different story -- you can easily make backups for them, and CCleaner even walks you through it.

Thanks,

I had about figured that out. Closing and opening the browser didn't work. For now I just run cleaner and then make a snap of the files and directories and remove them manually which lets me send them to the recycle bin and if everything still works then I can delete them from there. And I always make backups of any registrychanges I make wheather it be with C-Cleaner or manual editing.

Ted :D