Spammy scammy stealth Avast install

DamOTclese

Good grief, Piriform is stealth installing scamming software now without informing people. There was no notice of the stealth install! When I ran CCleaner after some six or seven months of not having run it, it popped up a suggestion to update which I did. At no time was there any indication it was going to install the scam Avast software!

When uninstalling the scammy crap, of course the uninstall scripting stepped through the usual spammy / scammy repeated questions "Are you sure you want to remove this fraud?" and demanded Internet access to actually uninstall it, just like the typical filthy g-damned scammy software crap infesting the Internet.

What happened, Piriform? Did the crooks offer you so much money to spread their s**t that you couldn't resist?

Now I have to uninstall CCleaner. I guess since one uses the free version one can't really complain but there is great irony (and some hypocrisy) in a computer scrubber that installs  fraud-based scam software without notice.

• Moderators

FYI: Avast owns Piriform the makers of CCleaner.

Also an official response was posted here when a fix for it will be released:
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/49301-problem-with-installer-bundle-offer/?do=findComment&comment=292018

I'll close this topic since an official response was made in the above provided link.