possible Application Paths Issue bug

Edkiefer

Running the registry cleaner, Application Paths Issue I found a few entry's were the path of exe is correct (I always check to see if path is right before deleting).

here is the few were exe was there, Bold is checked path.

Application Paths Issue    C:\Windows\System32\UNPUXWorker.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Application Paths Issue    C:\Windows\System32\UNP\UNPUXLauncher.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
 Application Paths Issue    C:\Windows\System32\MRT.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Application Paths Issue    C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\unins000.exe    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted

They all seem to be in the compatibility assistant area section.

• Moderators

I personally do not use, and would suggest not to use, any reg cleaner.

there is simply nothing to be gained and everything to be lost.
you will get no discernible space or performance improvement.
and unless you have a strong reason, like infections or corruption, touching the registry should only be a last clutch of the straw activity.

Microsoft's official response on the matter; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I get that, I didn't post this for my part but for others, if it is true bug.

Many still will use the option and not check stuff.

I only run it to see and I do remove app path as I DL many programs and then clear the old ones (these are installers).

Thanks for link, I will read it.

No, its Win19 1703 but it was a upgrade from Win7.

I could easy test on native win10 VM 1709 I have too.

Ok, did quick check in VM 1709 and there no system32 paths, the paths I checked so far were all ok (got a lot of Onedrive ones as it seems to get updated often)