not deleting certain selected items

jerry194

Welcome Jerry :)

Can you a bit more specific? Where are the account numbers stored on your computer, or do you mean your personal account numbers? And which version of CCleaner are you using? And what OS are you running?

Thanks

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I find I am deleting certain info I am asking my pc to remember, its to do with account numbers which I consider safe to be held. Can I select this to not be removed during a clean.

Do you mean the account number that is stored for signing into an online bank account? If so you will need to select the cookie to be saved. Easiest way to do this is run CCleaner to clear the cookies first (will make it easier to find the banking one when you create it next), then sign in to your online bank, ticking any box which says something like 'Save my account number on this computer'. You can then sign out of your bank if you wish but then open CCleaner. Click on 'Options' then 'Cookies'. You should see a cookie in the Cookies to delete box with the name of your bank or something very similar in it. Select that cookie then click the -> arrow to move the cookie to the Cookies to keep box. Now when you run CCleaner it won't remove the stored account number.

Apologies if this wasn't what you were asking but thats what it sounded like :)