Tips for Tyros

BreathingMeat

Anyone have any great tips for doing a scheduled, thorough cleaning of both the system and the user account?

I'm one of those paranoid masochists that works from a plain user account only logging in to the admin account when necessary. I also try to automate maintenance for the wee hours as much as possible. My machine currently gets rebooted automagically once a week for updates, dskchks, etc., so I'm guessing I could take advantage of the "run on startup" feature.

Haven't actually tried the software yet, but it looks pretty spiffy and I'm impressed by the relative lack of major gripes in the forums.

Thanks,

-mark

• Moderators

Anyone have any great tips for doing a scheduled, thorough cleaning of both the system and the user account?

Use the /AUTO switch via Windows own built-in Task Scheduler to have CCleaner automatically run at various intervals but be warned if something like Firefox is open and running you may be encountered with a warning dialog from CCleaner. Probably the best bet would be to have it clean on Startup or resume when you log on. The Issues scanner ("registry cleaner") portion can't however be automatted, and whatsmore to clean a non-Admin accounts registry you'd need to temporary give it Admin abilities.