P2P

• Moderators

I use bittorent to download some things(all legal). I download thing like podcasts and free software with it because if there are a lot of people seeding the file then its faster than a downloading it any other way.

I like azureus because out of all the ones I tried(about 6) it was the fastest.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

I do have utorrent on my jumpdrive though just because its so small and dosent require an install.

http://www.utorrent.com/

Ok, so here is another question.

Could I have on my website a link to a p2p download, and give the exact file, so if i want people to download files from me, i could use the P2P instead of holding the file on a server/website/cyberspace or whatever?

Im not sure if that is a clear question. What i am hoping to do, is store files on my computer, and allow people to upload them via a P2P program. This way, i dont need alot of storage for a website. i think it will help keep costs down on a site, or if small enough, i can use the one my internet provider gives me.

was that clear?

• Moderators

yeah you could use bittorent to seed the file and let people download it. The only problem is if you have 1 seed and 20 people downloading it will be sloooowww. But if you can get the people who downloaded the file to seed it then you should be alright.

eMule might be easier to use as you can just search from the application.

With BitTorrent you need to find the torrents.

BitTorrent heavily uses swaming to multi-source download, hence it can get very fast downloads.

I like alot DC++.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Bittorent is great fo downloading big files (CD and DVD images, videos, software).

Emule is nice for searching and downloading small files (music, short videos, pictures).

Yes, I agree. BitTorrent is more suitable for large files while eMule more suitable for smaller files.

The BitTorrent client that I use is ABC [Yet Another Bittorrent Client]. It is an free, open-source BitTorrent client for Windows. Written in Python using wxPython (wxWidgets GUI toolkit).

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png