Found Files vs Recovered Files

JoeNC

I've run the deep scan on my external 2tb drive that was accidentally formatted, ntsf.  Recuva reports 15,136 files found and 27 ignored.  Great... so far so good!  But when I restore I only get 4,190 files totaling about 12 gb.  Mostly music and photos recovered, but no psd, html, doc, etc..  What am I missing?  Does that mean they are found but too fragmented to recover? 

Thanks!!

Joe

• Moderators

Are you trying to recover back to the original drive or are you recovering to a different drive/partition

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Are you trying to recover back to the original drive or are you recovering to a different drive/partition

Thanks for the quick reply.  A different networked drive.  It had about 1.6 tb free and it said there wasn't enough space so I was hopeful, deselected some items and proceeded, but only the 12 gb were actually recovered.

How did you select the files for recovery? What messages do you get in the info box after recovery?

Checked by Filename at the top to select all files.  Every file listed shows State excellent, No overwritten.   I've rearranged drives in the mean time, second scan message shows zero files recovered, can't find path specified... geez, what have I done now.  Don't remember what it said the first round.

Checked by Filename at the top to select all files.  Every file listed shows State excellent, No overwritten.   I've rearranged drives in the mean time, second scan message shows zero files recovered, can't find path specified... geez, what have I done now.  Don't remember what it said the first round.

Well, the D drive woke up... it's at least something's happening now, but looks like I'll be getting the same results as the first restore.  (btw, first scan took 5+ hours, second took over 16.  Not sure if it's an issue but have now set the pc to never sleep.)