batch run command

susa

• Moderators

1. It's necessary to first run CCleaner and pre-select what you want to have cleaned.

2. Input into your .bat file the "path to ccleaner.exe in quotes" followed by /AUTO

• Examples:
  • "%ProgramFiles%\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO
  • "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO
  • "C:\Progra~1\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO

1. It's necessary to first run CCleaner and pre-select what you want to have cleaned.

2. Input into your .bat file the "path to ccleaner.exe in quotes" followed by /AUTO

• Examples:

• "%ProgramFiles%\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO

• "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO

• "C:\Progra~1\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO

I think that you forgot the "/ALL" option.

Because the /AUTO option doesn't work for the registry. And it's not what I need.

I need a good software in manual mode, and the same software in /AUTO mode : I wrote batch files to clean up files, registry, spyware ..., backup my data, and shut down my computer.

I don't understand this limitation of /AUTO because I can restore the registry with the backup of issues.

And if I suppose that ccleaner erase all the registry (!), as I encounter this kind of problem with Windows and some system files (bad memory, hard disk...), I always have a full disk image backup ready to restore Windows quickly.

When we use ccleaner for the fisrt time, do you think that we take the time to examine and understand (if we can !) more than 100 issues ? No. We hope you did a good job and we erase all. And it works !

But not in /AUTO, so we must lose time .... or I missed something ?

• Moderators

What the hell are you talking about?

There is no /ALL switch that I'm aware of, and next time try the command line before you blantantly say someone is missing something, or incorrect.

Open CCleaner, click Options->About. It clearly lists the command line parameters.

For obvious reasons CCleaner doesn't automatically cleanse the registry, e.g.; you wouldn't know what it's removing, etc.