Strange values for time elapsed

Hello,

I have been using C-Cleaner for ages. At some point in the past (maybe several years ago), I noticed what appeared like a change to me : the number of passes selected did not seem to affect the job duration anymore. I distinctly remember that when I started with C-Cleaner, adjusting for 0, 1, 3, 7 or 35 overwrite passes made an obvious change to the time needed. As would be expected.

Nowadays, I can't feel any difference. I have not made any benchmarks, but the result seems obvious. What's the reason for that ? Does the software really adjust the number of passes when instructed to do so ? (The usefulness of multiple passes being debatable, but, hey, it's a feature...)

Also, the software feels significantly slower than it was in the past. Again, I have no figures to submit. Just my perception. Any grounds to that ?

• Moderators

The significantly slower running you notice is on newer OSes with how Internet Explorer and Edge browsers are cleaned.

As for how the Secure Delete is running, like you I've noticed no difference (for several years actually) when increasing the number of passes, but then again it's rather pointless to use more than 1-pass.